Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

After RustBlast

My surface (auto engine compartment) is mostly bare metal with a few areas of paint. It has been wire brushed, sanded and treated with KBS Klean. I treated the surface with RustBlast, rinsed, and then blew the surface dry. The surface now is now a copper color streaked with white. Is this flash rust and was it a mistake to blow the surface dry? What is my next step? I want to be sure I get a good rust free finish before I put the engine back in and assemble the car.

Depending on ambient humidity and the porosity of the surface, it is normal for some slight surface rust to occur after rinsing RustBlast with water. The good news: RustSeal is very capable of bonding to and permanently sealing any remaining flash rust or corrosion which can occur after rinsing with water (especially on a very porous surface), so press on with the RustSeal step.

Please review the RustSeal Directions and let us know if you have any additional questions.