Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Storing DiamondFinish Clear

carm

I am interested in ordering some of the Diamond Clear.  When I open the can how long will the clear coat stay good?  Would it last longer if I was to put it into a sealed mason jar?  I am just going to be using it to clear coat fishing lures so I would want it to stay good for a long time since I would not be using much at a time.

Once you open a can of DiamondFinish Clear, it should stay good for at least 6 months in the can.

Here is what we suggest for opening and working with the DiamondFinish Clear:

Never Paint Out Of The Can. Do not shake can. Stir thoroughly & frequently. Dispense a working amount of DiamondFinish Clear into a separate container (steel or glass is best) and seal original can immediately. Keep can groove free of paint by using a scoop or KBS Paint Spout. Use plastic wrap between the lid and the top of the can to stop metal to metal contact as DiamondFinish Clear can permanently seal the lid. Unused paint should NEVER be put back into the can as it will shorten can shelf life and cause pressure build-up possibly popping the lid. If there is any trouble resealing the can lid tightly, transfer and store DiamondFinish Clear in a proportionally sized clean glass jar or new paint can. Always store in a cool dry place.

Please review the DiamondFinish Clear Directions and let us know if you have any additional questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been storing diamond finish very well for months at a time by using the argon gas or Bloxygen product, this has really worked for me. I tried all the methods, solvent drizzle, the mason jars, decanting into smaller new paint tins, plastic under the lid, all with ok success, but the argon gas was the absolute best solution, hope this helps anyone having issues with storage.