Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Rusty Brakes On Car

JesStetmort

i had asked a question about rusty brakes on my car on yahoo. it's the hub assembly, and calipers that gets rusty. one person that answered said to try this kbs product that it's able to handle the heat. my question is will it work on the brakes like this person said. he also said that it could be applied directly to the rotors where the brake pad touches. though most rotors sold in the ny area that i'm in is usually rustproof and if not with a few runs the rust comes off of it. just wonder if this product really does that and how high of heat can it handle?

• 5 years later...

RustSeal can handle the heat. 600 degrees Fahrenheit is the max. You will not want to put it on the rotors where the pads touch. That area usually gets "cleaned" just by driving the car and applying the brakes. You can coat everything else but the area where the pads touch the rotors. You can also use Motor Coater on the calipers and drums if you want a color other than what we have in RustSeal. Motor Coater is an excellent caliper paint. Make sure you use the entire KBS Coatings 3 Step process. Check out the enitre 3 Step Process here: http://www.kbs-coatings.com/kbs-three-step-system.html Please let us know if you have any additional questions.