Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

3 step rustseal system vs rubber undercoating

jayohessatch

I am looking to protect the frame and underside of the body on my jeep wrangler. I have previously used the 3 step rust seal system. Looking at your site you also have a dedicated rubberized/asphalt undercoating. Would one of these be better than the other? Or are they to be used together. I was planning to do the rust seal system with a blacktop top coat on my frame.

Both UnderCoat Asphalt and UnderCoat Rubberized are incredibly durable. As far as appearance, the rubberized version is a slightly smoother texture and the asphalt is more of a gritty texture. It really does seem to be personal preference as to which one you choose.

Please let us know if that helps and if you have any additional questions.

That is a great question. The KBS 3-Step System provides the best rust protection, so if rust protection is key, you would be best to do the KBS 3-Step System. Most of our customers use the KBS 3-Step System and then the KBS UnderCoat over that to give it a nice textured look.

The KBS UnderCoat does provide a degree of rust protection, but for the longest lasting rust protection, please choose the KBS 3-Step System.

Please let us know if that helps and if you have any additional questions.