Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Painting Entire Truck Exterior

redman

Hi,

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram, and the paint is flaking off. I have found out that it is an adhesion issue between the primer and the paint that the factory used. I plan on stripping the truck to bare metal, and applying a complete finish to the truck.

I would like a very sturdy finish, but I do not want to go the bed liner route.

Here is my questions.

1. I plan on using the paint strip and then the three part rust seal kit. Is there anything I need to do between stripping and using the rust seal 3 step kit?

2. I plan on using the KBS MAXX as my top coat. Is there anything I need to do between the rust seal, and the MAXX?

3. Is the Maxx a UV stable coating? Do I need to use the DiamondClear over the Maxx.

4. Is there any other combination of your products you would recommend to provide a long lasting final finish from bare metal?

Thanks

1) No. There is nothing else to do. Strip it with the KBS Strip. Then move on to the KBS Klean step. The KBS Klean will remove the residue leftover from the KBS Strip.

2) You can dust the cured RustSeal with Fusion Self-Etch Primer and then apply KBS MAXX.

3) Yes, KBS MAXX is a UV Stable top coat. You can use DiamondFinish Clear over KBS MAXX for added gloss.

4) The method you spelled out above is ideal.

Please let us know if that helps and if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for contacting KBS Coatings!