Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Diamond Finish for top coat on Ceramic tile coasters

Bekka001

I am currently trying to make coasters with ceramic tiles.  I decoupage an image with Mod Podge to the tile and then topped it with a 2 part Epoxy, even after 3 months of curing hot coffee mugs will stick to and dent the surface.  Ran across this product last night, and it sounds great.  Would this product work good for a hot coffee mug to sit on it? Can I use this as a top coat over the Epoxy (Envirotex Lite).  Or better yet, would this be able to replace the epoxy altogether?  So could I go directly over the Mod Podge with it?   Also, is it safe to use for coasters toxin wise? Also, would I be sanding the surface to prep or would I need that KBS Kleen?  Thanks

Yes, the DiamondFinish Clear should work flawlessly on your coasters. The DiamondFinish Clear will go over completely cured Epoxy and will also go over completely cured Mod Podge.

The DiamondFinish Clear is completely non-toxic once cured.

The only prep required would be to wipe the surface down with KBS Klean.

Please let us know if that answers your questions and if you have any additional questions.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...