Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Diamond Finish over Basic Countertops

carollynne123

I was considering doing Diamond Finish over my existing laminate countertops. I have several questions (sorry!): -- Is the coat glossy? I would like to have a shine to my dull countertops. -- I was wondering if it would adhere to laminate and how it would hold up to normal kitchen activities. Is it tough? -- How hard is the surface? Is it resistant to scratches? Can you actually cut on it? -- I read that it is resistant to heat. Does that mean you could take something out of the oven and place it on the counter? -- How do you recommend cleaning it after it is applied? -- How many coats should I use for countertops? How much product would I need to purchase to cover 53 square feet? -- Would you recommend applying with a natural or synthetic brush, or with a foam brush for countertops? -- After applying a coat, how long would you recommend to wait before the next application in a kitchen? -- After the last application, how long would you recommend before putting items on the counter and actually using it? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks you so much.

OK. That helps. Thanks. DiamondFinish Clear is a high gloss clear coat paint. As long as you clean the laminate with KBS Klean, you can apply DiamondFinish Clear and it will adhere great to laminate. The DiamondFinish Clear is very durable and tough once it has completely cured. The DiamondFinish Clear is very resistant to scratches. We would not recommend cutting directly on it. The DiamondFinish Clear is good up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use dish soap or any cleaner to clean up the surface once the DiamondFinish Clear has been completely cured. For a counter top, you would want 2-3 coats. That would equal 2-3 quarts of DiamondFinish Clear and 1 quart of KBS Klean for prep. Any of those brushes will work. Foam helps to not leave brush marks but be prepared to change them out frequently as the solvents on the DiamondFinish Clear do attack the foam of the brush over time. Depending on the humidity, you will want to wait 2-8 hours in between coats. Just make sure the previous coat has dried so that you can still drag your finger across the surface but not pull up any paint. After the final coat, it would be best to wait 7 days before putting the counter top in to use. Please feel free to check out the DiamondFinish Clear directions HERE. Please let us know if that helps and if you have any additional questions.