Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Fuel Tank Baffles & Puddling

MarkDaihatsu

So I followed the kit to a T. I couldn't pour out the sealer due to the filler being restricted so I used the fuel drain plug which was okay. Initially I rotated it all around, let it drain. Then I rotated the tank several times with about 4 or 5 intervals of 10 minutes inbetween. With the Sender and Float units removed (I made mock up plates out of sheet metal), the next morning I had found that the sealer had pooled, inside the baffle, only slight maybe 0.5-1cm and a bit more on the base of the fuel tank also (despite me rotating the tank several times during the curing process - like it said on the instructions). I have read elsewhere that this can cause bubbling and for the product to fail. So far annoying. Just then (5 days after the full tank kit process) I had a quick look inside the tank and noticed stalagmite-like things on the bottom of the tank that definitely weren't there before. One of them snapped off with no effort while the other 2 wont budge, is this a problem? The fuel tank in question is for a Daihatsu Charade Turbo (circa 1983-1985). What's the go with that, do I need to provide photos or does everything sound right?

As long as the Tank Sealer is completely intact, you should be good. Please take an unfolded clothes hanger and poke that area to make sure it is adhered well and is hard (not soft from not being cured). As long as the Tank Sealer is hard and cured, you will be good. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Yep. I poked them with a metal object and they're solid so no problems there, used some old fuel to flush the tank (as I was dubious as to the effectiveness of the tank sealer product) and only a few small flakes came out (1-2mm in size) and everything else seems intact, in the process of fitting the tank back in. Thanks for the help.