Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Early Bronco bed and interior

ymelnic1

Hello, I am restoring a 74 Bronco. I want to use KBS instead of Rhinoliner to seal off the entire interior body of the truck. There have been bondo repairs on the floor panels and there are some holes to be patched. I started sanding the interior with a wire wheel and a drill. I see rust coming off the floor panels, however I do not see bare metal. Occasionally i do see sparks (I'm guessing from steel). There are pieces of carpet still attached in some spots. My main questions are: 1.0 - How do I know when to stop sanding when I don't see bare (shiny) metal? How much rust do I need to remove for the product to perform well and last? 2.0 - Will the Trunk and Floor Pan kit be enough supplies to get the job done with 2 coats of Rust Seal? Thank you for any help and/or suggestions!!

Thank you for your great questions and I am more than happy to answer them. 1==> You will want to sand or wire wheel the loose flaky rust. You do not have to get all the way down to shiny metal. 2==> Yes, the Trunk & Floorpan Repair Kit should be enough as it covers about 50 square feet. Please let is know if you have additional questions.