Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Chip and scratch resistance.

Gertbuilt

Some time ago I used a competitor's product that claimed extraordinary chip and scratch toughness, as you do for your product to paint a motorcycle frame. .  I used a quality automotive primer, fully cured and applied the competitor's product.  I then let it cure for three weeks.  When assembling the bike,  I found that the coating was very easily scratched and was less resistant than normal two pack paint.  Needless to say I was very disappointed.

Now I wish to use one of your surface coatings to paint another bike frame.  For best results would it be preferable to have the frame in bare metal, or primed.   Which product is best suited to my needs, and how do I avoid a repeat of my previous nightmare. 

The best would be to sandblast the frame, wipe it down with a very mild solution of AquaKlean and then coat with a minimum of 2 coats of RustSeal and a minimum of 1 coat of BlackTop.

If you are not sandblasting, we have the Motorcycle Frame Coater Kit to do the very job you desire.  You can find the Motorcycle Frame Coater Kit here: http://www.kbs-coatings.com/Motorcycle-Frame-Coater-Kit.html