Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Motor Coater and Paint Additives...

Steampunk

Hi,

I have some engine ancillaries, and a set of brake drums that need to have a semi-gloss (50-60%) black finish, and I wanted to know if I could use Motor Coater Gloss Black engine enamel and add a suitable acrylic-enamel gloss reducing additive (Sometimes referred to as matting paste.) to achieve the desired finish?

Also, as Motor Coater is described as an acrylic-enamel, would it be compatible with normal acrylic-enamel hardeners to increase the durability?

Thanks for your assistance!

Steampunk

Yes. You can do some testing to get your acrylic-enamel reducing gloss additive to work. OR, you could mix some or the Gloss Black Motor Coater and the Jet Black Motor Coater to get your desired gloss level.

You can also experiment as well with your hardeners and the Motor Coater. That should work great for you.

That's fantastic, thanks! I've got another question for you: my radiator is being rebuilt right now, and they've given me the option to either have them paint it, or paint it myself. They said they just thoroughly clean the surface, and apply a single, thin, covering coat of black aerosol engine enamel. I've got a decent touch-up gun, and I wanted to know if I could use KBS Motor Coater for this application, if applied in the method they described? I believe the finish provided by Motor Coater would be superior in both appearance and longevity to anything you could out of an aerosol can. Thank you again for your assistance!