Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

surface rust on roof

rallen9

Most of the descriptions I see use your product on plating or chassis (parts that are not seen). I have a 1978 VW bus with some surface rust on the roof. Can I use your product and get a nice finish to paint? If so, what products would I use and what would be the steps to apply.

Thank you

Yes. You can use the KBS 3 Step System on your VW Bus roof.

Here are the complete directions: http://www.kbs-coatings.com/RustSeal-Information-and-Instructions_ep_38-1.html

And then you can top coat the RustSeal:

Please note that RustSeal is not intended for use as a final finish. Repeated or prolonged exposure to direct UV light will cause cosmetic alteration to its color and sheen. RustSeal’s guaranteed rust protective properties, however, will not degrade. In areas not exposed to direct UV light, like the underside of a car, RustSeal will seal as well as serve as a great looking final finish. To protect against unwanted cosmetic changes, topcoat RustSeal with any opaque paint system. Please note that a clear topcoat cannot provide the needed UV protection. Choose the closest color associated RustSeal primer to compliment your topcoat and protect against potential visible surface chips. KBS BlackTop is a high performance protective coating like RustSeal and is an ideal topcoat for all UV exposed chassis parts. When BlackTop is used as a topcoat over black RustSeal, it produces an incredibly tough and professional looking finish. To topcoat freshly coated RustSeal surfaces (less than 4 days old) using KBS BlackTop, apply a single coat of BlackTop to a clean surface as no other prep is required. For BlackTop applications older than 4 days or when using other topcoat brands, lightly sand the surface using 320 grit sandpaper and spray with KBS Fusion Self-Etching Primer to ensure good adhesion between the two coatings.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.