Ordering & InfoSupport ForumSupport DeskContact UsEmail Sign-UpReseller Finder

Colour performance difference?

FireDragon

I am painting a 4x4 chassis and was thinking of using different rustseal colours to track where I have and haven't painted. Is this advisable?

Is there any possibility of the underlying colour bleeding through?

I have also been told by a KBS rep to rather use the same colour as stone chips might reveal the underlying colour. Stone chips!? Do I need to be concerned about the paint chipping then?

"I am painting a 4x4 chassis and was thinking of using different rustseal colours to track where I have and haven't painted. Is this advisable?"

It is your choice. If the top coat chips away at some point, you are left with another color under it.

"Is there any possibility of the underlying colour bleeding through?"

Maybe with Off-White over Black, but I do not think that would be an issue at all.

"I have also been told by a KBS rep to rather use the same colour as stone chips might reveal the underlying colour. Stone chips!? Do I need to be concerned about the paint chipping then?"

Our paint is almost indestructible, but not completely indestructible. If it does chip, you will have another color under it.