Ordering & InfoSupport ForumContact UsReseller FinderFree Catalog
Zeb

Door Edges Starting To Rust

I bought the 3 step sample kit in 2012 to do the bottom edges of the doors on my crew cab truck. The insides of the bottom edges are starting to rust. I ordered the it with the black top coat. Question one is, is this kit still good or does it have a shelf life? I have never opened it and it has been in the basement, so it has never froze. Question two is, if the sample kit is still good, can I order just a sample size can of the off white to use with my sample kit I already have instead of using the black I bought a couple years ago?

The unopened shelf life of KBS products is 2 years, so you should be good. Be sure to shake the KBS Klean and RustBlast well before using. Also, be sure to stir the BlackTop and RustSeal well before using. Effective stirring includes repeatedly touching bottom of can & lifting to disperse any settled pigments and/or matting agents.

Yes, you can order an 8oz can of RustSeal in Off-White HERE.

Be sure to check out our complete directions for using the System Sampler Kit HERE.

Please let us know if that answers your questions and if you have any additional questions.